February 22, 2009

FINAL CALL TO ACTION: 50 Donations in 5 Days

I'm still very determined to show Back on My Feet that I mean business. 

Like I've written before, I want to bring a BOMF chapter to The Metroplex. This non-profit speaks directly to my heart, and I KNOW that it can make a difference in the homeless communities in Dallas/Fort Worth.

I need your help!

Help me show the entire Back on My Feet family that I'm very serious about this vision. I am running in the Cowtown half marathon next weekend (Feb. 28th) and I'm asking for anyone and everyone to make a simple donation of $13. (That's $1 for every mile that I'll be running in the race.)

All proceeds will go to Back on My Feet – with the hope that every single penny reminds them that there is a foot soldier in Fort Worth who is willing to fight for their incredible cause. (Not to mention an army of supporters – YOU – standing right behind him!)

My goal is to receive 50 donations in 5 days – so I will be able to mail BOMF a check for $650 before the starting gun fires on Saturday. I know this is a lofty goal, but I've never backed down from a challenge before.

For all of those who have already made a donation – I'm grateful beyond words. For those that haven't .... again, I'm asking for your help.


“Back of My Feet is my way of making positive change. Running is one of the most empowering activities there is because there is no end. There is always another mile, another road, another right turn. There is no buzzer and there is no referee. It has taught me so much about life, especially the simple notion that to get anywhere, you have to take it one step at a time."
– Anne M. Mahlum, Founder and President

No comments:

Want Blog Updates?
E-mail Address: