May 7, 2008

STUMBLING ON THE EDGE OF....

Col. Nathan R. Jessep (Jack Nicholson): We follow orders, son. We Follow order or people die. It's that simple. Are we clear?

Lt. James Kaffee (Tom Cruise): Yes sir.

Jessep: Are we clear?

Kaffee: Crystal.

Why would I reach deep into the movie quote book to kickoff my latest post? Because that's exactly what I want to be -- CRYSTAL CLEAR! (Not to mention it's fun to use Google and see if you can find just the right "spice" for your blog.)

This is what I want to be "crystal clear" about: I'm going to work my butt off to make e-Partners in Giving successful. I am passionate and excited about what we're about to do, and I plan on bringing those two characteristics to work with me EVERY day until we reach the summit. 

FYI: Once we get to the summit, we're going even higher!

I realize my excerpt from "A Few Good Men" was a little unnecessary, because if you're reading this blog, you're probably standing proudly in my corner. You might even be one of my friends or family members who said, "If anyone can do it...you can!" 

I'm going to take a break from "the point" of this post...

You have no idea how much those before mentioned comments have meant to me. They gave me a sense of calm confidence and instilled an unmeasurable amount of gratitude. I am humbled beyond words. 

One of these comments actually catapulted towards the cliff, and helped me decide to take the leap of faith. My buddy asked me, "When have you never stepped up to the plate and hit one over the wall?" 

He was right, and now here we go! (Thanks, Nick!)

Soooo (that's how you get back to "the point").....I wanted to share a little tune with everyone. (I also wanted to push my blogging skills to the limit.) Press play on the attached video and listen to the song. The video isn't stellar...that doesn't matter...it's ALL about the song.

SONG: "Stumbling on the Edge of Greatness"
ARTIST: Josh Grider
PREMISE: "...a song that anyone who’s ever chased a dream can identify with." (He's singing about a musician in a band, but every time I listen to it I hear about a former newspaper copy editor/coach/marketing guy who had a crazy idea and decided to turn it into a business.)





BTW: Comments are welcomed! Don't be afraid to "love the blog."

No comments:

Want Blog Updates?
E-mail Address: